Moving Tips to Save Money
We’re fully aware that moving services can be very expensive. So here we listed several suggestions to help you make the most out of your budget.
- Try to book the move well in advance. Moving schedule is based upon availability; therefore if you book your move early you’ll probably receive the first tier rates for that day.
- Move on “off” days. If there is some flexibility then try to avoid moving at the end of the month or weekends.
- Pack yourself – Eagle Lines is offering professional packing services but it costs money. We encourage customers if they can to pack themselves or at least the non fragile items. We offer free box delivery and packing tips. Your relocation coordinator will help you determine the amount of boxes you need.
- Be organized – Local moves are charged by the hour so every minute counts. Try to disassemble items prior to the arrival of the movers; mark the boxes you packed; be aware where to place the items at the new location, etc.
- On interstate shipments try no to take items you don’t need since the cost of the move is based on the volume of the shipment. Sometimes it’s more expensive to move an old item versus leave it behind and get a new one at destination. We can give you the cost of shipping per item so feel free to ask us regarding this matter.